Part Three Vocabulary and Structure (20 points)
Directions: There are 40 incomplete sentences in this part. For each sentences there are 4 choices marked A, B, C and D. choose one to complete the sentence and mark your answer on the ANSWER SHEET with a single line through the center.
36. Hefei has many tourist attractions. It ______ thousands of visitors every year.
A. absorbs B. draws C. appoints D. arranges
37. He asked us if we would _____ to share a table.
A. accepted B. consider C. agree D. admit
38. Because the price of the land has not been agreed ____, we can not go ahead with the construction right now.
A. to B. on C. with D. about
39. You have a bad cough. You’d better give up smoking as it ____your health,
A. affects B. causes C. effects D. influences
40. CCTV news has once _____that the swine flu is under control in China.
A. revealed B. revolved C. informed D. told
41. As we all know, too much ____ to the sun is harmful to the skin.
A. exposure B. extension C. exhibition D. expansion
42. If you want to know the train schedule, please ____ at the booking office.
A. acquire B. inquire C. request D. require
43. I have promised to help you and I will _____ my word.
A. hold B. follow C. keep D. stick
44. How much do you ________ for a haircut in your shop?
A. claim B. demand C. price D. charge
45. It is wrong to think that experts are _____ right.
A. steadily B. invariably C. constantly D. fortunately